Happy Chilly Tuesday Fit Diva
YES! Even here in SWFL it has been brrrrrrr chilly. 48′ this morning. I know I know those of you who do not live here and are freezing at 2′ are probably laughing at me. Hey, I grew up in the cold and snow in Maryland but now….My body needs the sunshine! haha
Speaking of freezing or frozen, I want to share 2 fun ways to use frozen Cauliflower Rice. We are on a kick with cauliflower this month!
Frozen Cauliflower Rice
YES! This is a great veggie to always keep in the freezer for quick dinners after a long busy day. Add some herbs or spices, an extra green veggie and lean protein….perfecto.
It does not become mushy after thawing & cooking if you use the secret method! Which I will tell. There are so many kinds that most grocery stores carry.
- Cauliflower and broccoli rice
- Cauliflower Risotto rice
- Cauliflower asparagus melody rice
When using any of these or in recipes, be sure at the end of sautéing, to turn up your heat in the pan for the last few minutes to get an extra crisp like rice. Sometimes I add a little extra olive oil at the end as well.
Okay, here are 2 of my favorite was to ways to jazz up the cauliflower rice.
Creamy Cauli Rice
This one isn’t necessarily a recipe, I just love to experiment with different foods to see how I can make the healthiest yet tastiest versions of foods we love.
- 1 bag of plain frozen cauliflower rice….let this set out for 7-8 minutes if you can
- 3-4 tablespoons of KiteHill almond milk cream cheese (plain or chive)
- 1-2 tablespoons of fresh chopped chives (depends how much you like chives)
- garlic powder, sea salt & pepper (your taste)
- olive oil or avocado oil
- Heat medium size pan to medium heat.
- Spray or lightly drizzle oil in pan. Add frozen cauliflower rice and chop up so it’s not one big block. Or before opening the bag, beat it on the counter first. Not to hard. haha!
- Once the rice is warmed up and cooked for about 8-10 minutes add the rest of the ingredients and keep mixing until the cauli rice is coated.
- Turn your heat up for 3-4 minutes to get extra crisp.
YUM! Creamy rice that can pair with any lean protein. Add a side arugula salad…
Hawaiian Cauli Rice
I created this one last year!! Sometimes I don’t add the bacon and it turns out just as yummy!!
A Sweet, Salty, Fiery combo that hits the palate all at once! Simple basic ingredients that add a diva-lish flair! Let us play!
- 2 cups Cauliflower Rice ( 1 head of cauliflower processed)
- ¼ cup diced scallions
- ½ red pepper finely chopped
- ½ cup chopped pineapple
- 1 medium jalapeno diced
- 2 pieces Turkey bacon or lean bacon (no nitrate) chopped
- 1-2 tsp garlic powder
- ⅛ cup Soyaki Sauce (Trader Joe) or regular low sodium soy or aminos
- 1 ½ tablespoon olive oil
- S & P to taste
Warm Saute pan on medium heat
Add olive oil, scallions, pepper, bacon, jalapeno Saute 3 min. The add pineapple. Saute 3 more minutes. Add cauliflower, spices and soy. Let simmer for 3-4 minutes. Then keep mixing and moving around. Don’t be afraid to add a little more olive oil or spray.
Total time: 12-15 minutes.
Enjoy with crock pot pulled chicken or pulled crock pot extra lean pork with low sugar BBQ Sauce and a side of spinach. Need ideas for low sugar BBQ, ASK! Try to avoid no sugar BBQ. It’s sweetened with artificial sweeteners.
Keep Its Simple
So, remember Bella Diva, getting in the habit is the first step of not being lazy and most importantly being prepared. You don’t have to be a master chef or need a lot of time. Focus on how bad you want to meet your goals, live heathy and most importantly live healthy! Now go stock up on some frozen Cauliflower rice!
Post and tag Belladivafitness and share this idea with others!
Questions? ASK or shoot me an email
Until next time….
For more visit my website at www.BellaDivaFitness.com
Laura DalSanto | BellaDiva Fitness | firstname.lastname@example.org